Why volunteer for Lighthouse?
We recognise that each volunteer is an individual and we work hard to understand what’s important to you about volunteering so we can match you to the right role.
All volunteers are supported by the Volunteer Co-ordinator as well as the team around them and there are regular opportunities to review how volunteering is working for you.
We offer a full induction, ongoing training and a range of opportunities to get involved. We are also flexible in how we work, so can often offer opportunities to match your availability.
In addition, you can:
- Make a real difference to people’s lives
- Put your skills to good use
- Learn new skills and get some experience
- Meet new and like minded people
- Work as part of a dedicated, professional team
- Feel great that you’ve helped others
At Lighthouse we believe that volunteering brings great benefit to the women and children we support, our staff team and also our volunteers.